Friday, July 6, 2007

Europe 2007

So we are getting ready to head out again on vacation. This year it's Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia and Estonia. Since last years blog was somewhat read by our friends and family I thought we would do it again. Plus it gets Chris to write his comments on the trip which I haven't been able to do in past years as I kept a journal of our travels. Another plus is when we get home I can print out the blog and my journal is done and looks a lot nicer then my handwriting. We head out on July 14th flying on Frequent flyer miles on Delta through Atlanta to Copenhagen then a short flight up to Stockholm finally arriving the afternoon of the 15th. We will try to keep you updated through out the trip and post some pictures. We are both looking forward to traveling to St. Petersburg, Russia as we are entering new territory of travel, dealing with a language who's alphabet I can't even understand and putting up with Russian bureaucracy. Just the process of getting a visa alone was a hassle and they only gave us a 4 day visa (they don't want us to overstay our welcome). Everything I've read about Russia is that things take longer to accomplish and nothing is tourist friendly. It will be an experience but hopefully a good one. I'll try and post some more pre trip thoughts if I get time, if not... we will see you next in Stockholm! Anneka

No comments: