Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunday Happenings

Sophie wearing her new spring dress.







Baking - I've been wanting to try making more artisan breads so today I tried to make Baguettes, they turned out pretty good, as good as you can buy in the grocery store but not as good as the French make them.



More baking... made banana bread


I'm a sucker for kitchen stuff. I got the spring catalog for Williams Sanoma last week and they had featured these Ebelskiver pans that make filled pancakes. So after dinner for dessert I made various Ebelskivers and filled them with spiced apples, chocolate ganache and strawberry jam. I think the strawberry jam was my favorite. You can put anything sweet or savory in them. I think raspberry jam would be really good. Will keep trying different varieties.







and while on the subject of baking, I found a "Teddy Lion" cake pan I'm going to make Sophie's 2 year Birthday cake out of. Here is what I'm going to attempt to make it look like. I thought it was way cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfect cake for miss Soph! She will love it. I didn't know you were such a Betty Crocker baker? Looks yummy! :)