Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Race

On Saturday I ran the Snow Canyon Half Marathon in St. George. It's one of my favorite courses. Mile 1-4 are on the St. George marathon course then you dive into the north entrance of Snow canyon, run through the park and come out by Entrada Golf course and finish at Snow Canyon highschool on the track. It's scenic and fast (or at least it makes me feel fast. I finished in 1 hr 44 min)



When we got into St. George Friday night and picked up my race packet, they had openings for the Tuff Kids race. They had a 1 mile, 1/2 mile and 200 meter kids race. Sophie has been asking me when she gets to run a race like mommy. So we signed her up for the 200 meter race.




Saturday morning I ran my race at 8:30 am got back to dads house about 10:30am, showered real quick then we took Sophie out to her race which started at 11:30am at the finish line of the 1/2 marathon. It was a cold morning, low 30's when I started my race and low 40's when Sophie started her's.



Sorry the pictures arn't in order

The kids doing their stretching before the race





Run Sophie Run! Can you see her? She's in the back right corner.



Got her finisher medal. She finished 12th place overall (out of 15 kids) and 6th place in her age group. Time was 1 min 20 sec.








Enjoying the post race gatorade and oranges



Ready for the race, they even gave her a timing chip for her shoe.


She ran so good. Actually she got mad at me for running along side her. She wanted to run by herself. After she finished she said, lets do the race again!




Trying to stay warm as we waited for the race to start




At the finish line

With our finisher medals



Here is a little video of her running her race.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a new running partner! :)

O'Bryan Family said...

Looks like fun! Maybe next year Jack will run that with Sophie. ;)