Thursday, July 13, 2006

Spain July 2006

2 days left before we leave for spain. Some pre trip thoughts about this trip, Chris speaks Spanish so that will be helpful, we've never spoken the language in our travels before but then the Euro's speak such good english you really don't need to. Next.... Ham - in all my reading about spain it seems ham is the official meat of this country. I have a feeling we will be eating lots of Ham. Speaking of eating. I've also read that they have a dessert called Churro's and Chocolate. Which is Churro's (of course) dipped in hot chocolate but has the consistancy of Pudding. Sounds good to me and I'm sure I'll be having one of these every day. Been looking at the weather charts and it looks like it's going to be toasty in Spain. 90's to 100's. Chris say's we will just have to eat lots of ice cream and get lots of soda pop. The Spanish close everything down from 1-4pm everyday for siesta so that may be a good time for us to go back to the hotel and cool off and hang by the pool if they have one. Lastly late dinners, I've been reading that many restaurants don't open until 10:00pm or later. Spanish eat around midnight. Should be interesting. Maybe McDonalds will be open earlier. I'll write more when we get there on Saturday morning.

No comments: