Tuesday, October 19, 2010

St. George Marathon


4 days after our trip we were on the road again heading to St. George. This year I ran my 10th St. George Marathon. I was really hoping to break 4 hours this year but the heat did me in. I was on track until mile 18 when it was getting so hot many runners were filling up the nurses stations, support vans and unfortunately ambulances. I had to keep stopping and walking and douse myself with water to keep going, I think a lot of people suffered from heat stroke. I finished in 4 hrs 27 min. They announced at the starting line that it was the warmest start on record! 60 degrees, it's normally 30-40 degrees at the start and by the time I finished it was 86 degrees and it got up into the upper 90's before the day was finished. All in all, I was glad I was able to finish and complete my 10th St. George marathon. I got into the 10 Year club and now no longer have to participate in the lottery if I want to run it again. (Which of course I will)

Soph and Teddy Lion waiting for me to come through the finish line


2 comments:

O'Bryan Family said...

You are awesome Anneka! I guess if you can do 10 St. George marathons, I can get my behind moving and go for a second 1/2 marathon. : )

Kathy said...

That is so great Anneka! I admire you so much! I have done 2 marathons and lots of 1/2's but 10 is amazing!!!